It's 2012 and I am starting the year off with a positive attitude. :)))) My mantra for the year is to "Let go of limiting beliefs and anxieties and find freedom and exciting possibilities in change". This year definitely promises many changes for me and I look forward to any opportunity to help me grow as a person.
One big change this year will be to my occupation. I have finally applied to study to become a Teachers Aide (followed by a course to become a TA for children with special needs). This is both exciting and scary as I haven't studied anything in years and am afraid there will have to be some real cobweb clearing if I'm going to be successful. I've been considering doing this for years now and have decided that if I don't bite the bullet and make the change now, then I may never get the opportunity to do so again. Please keep everything crossed for me. X
While I haven't made a list of New Years Resolutions, because frankly they never last past the end of January, I have made a list of goals that I want to achieve this year:
1) I really need to get fit and lose weight! I got a bicycle for Christmas and need to start using it. (My excuse is that I haven't got a helmet yet). I need to lose at least 5 kilograms but would really like to fit into my Firetrap jeans again. I'm afraid that means no more drinking wine and eating crisps late at night. Nil by mouth after 8pm... starting tomorrow. (Promise!)
2) I have compiled a list of all the classic movies and books that I have always wanted to see/read and have set myself the goal of doing so by the end of the year.
3) Save up a deposit so we can finally get onto the property ladder. (No more wasting money on someone else's property).
4) Drink more water (be a good example to the kids)
5) Get more sleep (easier said than done when you suffer from insomnia)
Not too challenging a list hopefully. Otherwise, I am off to bed now as I was up late watching Casablanca last night. (I definitely recommend it, we both enjoyed it)
Kitten
No comments:
Post a Comment