Pages

Friday, 25 October 2013

It's been a while

I know, it's been months since my last post, but life happens and you never know when you'll have two seconds to yourself.  Brett's brother and his family moved over and stayed with us for a few weeks before moving south (to the Hills) to be closer to the jobs they found.  Just another reason for us to move closer to Brett's work (and family).  Which is what we have now done.  The kids are enrolled in a new school, which they are loving, and I am currently jobless while I look for a new job in our area.  Leaving my job was alot more emotional than I could possibly have imagined and I cried like a baby while the children and parents all told me all the things they like about me most.  I was snotting and balling all over everyone, especially Dean and his mother.  I sincerely hope that I find a job as fulfilling as this one has been!

The move started off with a BANG... literally!  I've always prided myself on the fact that I have never had an accident, I've not even scratched or dented a car I have owned or driven in my life.  Add an errant water bottle and my trainer slipping on the brake and you have the perfect mix for a car accident.  My beautiful Ford had to written off (heartbreaking) and the back end of Brett's car needs some work.  Needless to say, we have gone from being $2k away from paying off my car to having 5 more years of payments... something that I am most definitely not being allowed to forget.

Settling in is taking longer than I would have like but we are all loving our new area.  We are all sleeping alot better and the dogs are loving the new garden.  We are miles away from the sea, but nature is all around us.  We have a lovely fireplace and are making good use of it on chilly days.

Otherwise, I am exhausted after a very hard day so am making my way to bed post haste.
Kitten



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video