Don't you often wish that life had a Ctrl-Z button? Make a mistake simply press Ctrl-Z and you are back where you started, error free. Miss having that last conversation with someone you love (because you were waiting for something) and there you are back at that moment and you can correct it, continue forward with no regrets. UNDO! Wouldn't that be wonderful in a perfect world?
Well, for lack of this button I will have to do the hard work myself. After a shocking two years where I feel that pretty much anything that could have gone wrong, has, I have decided to make this year mine. Not to wait for life to be good but to work hard on making it so.
I don't believe in making New Years resolutions, but have decided to make myself a promise instead.
I promise me that I will try hard to let go of the sadness, hurt and anger that weighs down my heart. I will lose weight and work on being fit and healthy. I will spend more time playing with my beautiful children. I will harder at keeping in touch with family and friends. I will focus on appreciating what I have, instead of mourning what I have lost.
It may not be an undo or backspace, but this is no perfect world. I may not be perfect, but I can sure try and be the best imperfect me that I can be.
Kitten
No comments:
Post a Comment