Pages

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Holidays, Health and Headaches

It's the last week of my holiday so I've done all the spring cleaning I intended to do in the house so I can spend this week relaxing as much as possible, spending time with the kids and catch up on some good books I've been wanting to read.  I should also really be completing an assignment that is due on the 1st of May and work on some of the other 7 due this month. Eeek!!

I've been getting bad headaches for the past few weeks and they seem to be getting worse, despite the fact that I am on antibiotics, so I find that I can't read for long periods of time at the moment.  Am I paranoid about this?  Am I expecting the worst?  Of course!  Being the worry wart that I am I have all sorts of scenario's playing out in my head.  My CT appointment is on the 10th of May which would allow for any possible infection to have cleared up so an accurate scan can be done.  This means two weeks worth of worrying before the scan in case they find something sinister or not find something (like my brain for instance) and then there is the wait for a follow-up doctors appointment to hear the results.  Now in line with any other tests I have ever had I am expecting there to be something not quite normal to come back (refer again to the search for my brain).  I am trying not to dwell on it too much though and definitely won't be searching google for any possible symptoms.  (I am sure we have all at some stage in life done this and convinced ourselves we had something fatal).  However, should all my worst fears come true I am wondering how someone prepares for something like that?

I have just read a really good book called The Survival Kit in which children are left a survival kit (a brown paper packet with items in which will help them move on in their lives in some way) by their mother who has died from cancer.  Although it may sound a bit overly paranoid, I am myself considering perhaps starting to put together a little box each for my kids, not for the immediate future but for someday.  After all, we know life is short and full of unexpected twists and turns and you never know what the future may bring.

Don't worry, I am fully intending to be around for many years, enough to gleefully watch my grandchildren give my children a hard time at least. :P

Wish me luck for the CT scan!
Kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video