It's the first day of school for 2013 and I must admit I did have a lump in my throat when I walked home to an empty house. The kids were excited (also a little nervous) but got good classes and good teachers, so a big score for us.
Although I have enjoyed this holiday with them, and miss them already, I must admit that my left eye has been twitching constantly for weeks now and seems to get worse whenever the kids argue. Not sure why, but I sincerely hope it stops over the next few days as I really don't want that to be happening when I happen to eventually get job interviews. Yes, job interviews! It's back to reality for me and I really have to get my bum in gear the minute jobs are advertised. I hear the application process for TA's is quite daunting as it not only includes your resume and application letter, but some schools also expect a two page essay with the application. I kid you not! Although I am quite fluent at waffling on about books and music etc. this has to be an essay about my experience, my philosophies with regards to education and how I fit their requirements that are outlined in the job advertisement. HELP!?!?
My diet also starts today. The holiday is over so no more excuses to put it off while I eat hot chips and other rubbish with the kids. Salads and rice crackers will become my friends and I will dig out my zumba videos and actually exercise again. Man I am unfit! The walk to and from school this morning really winded me I'm embarrassed to say. Luckily I am now forced to do it twice a day as I am no longer allowed to park in the school carpark (you are only allowed to park there if you have a child in Kindy or Pre-Primary) so will be getting some exercise doing the walk.
Otherwise, I am off to check the job websites and google applications so I know what to expect.
Have a lovely day
Kitten
No comments:
Post a Comment