Pages

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

School Holidays

The second day of the school holidays and I am already looking forward to work again.  Yes, I love my kids more than I love life itself... yet, if there was ever someone on this earth who was able to push all my buttons and drive me into insanity it would be my own beloved children.  They have inherited my husbands need to poke the crazy bear and are just as stubborn as I am.   I don't understand their incessant need to try and one-up each other, whats with that?  The arguing about being the first/best.  The incessant dobbing in.  Yes, I have a younger sister (by five years), but in this instance I think the age difference may have triggered my protective instincts and we barely argued.  We thought (naively)  that having a close year gap would encourage them to be friends and play together nicely.  Boy, were we wrong!  Counting to ten, biting the inside of my cheek (which is now thoroughly covered in ulcers) you name it, I have tried it all.  Fingers crossed I survive this holiday without a sudden sprout of grey hair and incessant rocking in the corner.  Anyway, one more day of work for Brett and then he is here for the next four days.  Believe me, I will hand over any parental disciplinary actions post haste.

Wish me luck
Kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video