Friday was quite an emotional day for me as I worked my last Prac day, also the last day of school, and had to say goodbye to the kids I have gotten to know through my Prac period. I managed to hold it together until the moment they presented me with a pressie and a card with a photo of them on the front saying thankyou and that they will miss me. Each child had signed their own name in the card and one little boy even wrote "I love you" in the message. I immediately started to cry at the sweetness of this card and at the shocking realisation that I won't be back again and won't get to see them through the rest of the year. This of course made the teacher start crying too and I was immediately swamped by the whole class coming to give me a group hug. (They almost made me fall over till the teacher told the ones in the front to move out so others could hug me). One little boy ran out from the group shouting, "I kissed Mrs Lawtons' hip!!", which gave us all a good laugh and ended some of the tears.
Even as I said my final goodbye to the class I still had two of the little girls holding onto me. This was quite an awakening for me. I know I am quite an emotional person, but having seen my son's EA cry last year when saying goodbye, I thought one would get used to it. I can now see myself having to say goodbye to a group of kids at the end of each year, who I have gotten to know and love, and having to try not to cry. How do these teachers do it?
I am now
free for a few weeks of school holiday with my kiddies before my next
course starts at the end of the month. I now have to think of some fun things for us to do
during the holiday and hope the weather will allow for some outside activities. Sadly Brett has to work so I'm home alone with the kids.
Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the break and some quality time with my babies.
Keep smiling,
Keep smiling,
Kitten
No comments:
Post a Comment